Tuesday 7 July 2009

Recipe for the perfect sexy read

Get this. Latest research from skin moisturiser brand Astral, reveals that women aged 45 to 60 are looking for for lots of titillating sex . . . when choosing what novels to take home with them. Almost two thirds of the 2,000 interviewees said they were keen on raunchy scenes in novels - you horny devils you - proving you've still got it . . . and at your age too. Phew!

Romantic fiction came out on top in the ratings (35 per cent) followed by blockbuster crime/ mystery novels (33 per cent) and general fiction (31 per cent).

Reference books proved least popular (can't understand why, personally, I love a peek at a good old leather-bound tome) although a fair few did admit to snuggling up with a cookbook. Understandable really. There's a definite connection between eroticism and cooking, especially if it's one of Nigella's.

But what really made me smile was the bit that said researchers had discovered women feel sexier when they have more confidence in their skin quality. Hardly any surprise that. I mean, do you think they'd have published a survey that suggested otherwise?

I'm afraid I don't place too much store of these survey things. After all, statistics can be manipulated to prove or disprove any theory more or less, can't they? Good. I'm glad we agree.

I mean the thought that better skin quality leads to more sexual confidence and therefore equals more sex . . . well, it's downright . . . gosh is that the time? Got to dash, guys, . . . I'm late for my facial.


No comments:

Post a Comment