Saturday 1 August 2009

Day 1 of 60

Well here we are. Day 1 of my 60-day Challenge to write and sell a screenplay. Having just this second peeled the wrapper off my first pack of 'cue cards', I'm raring to go. But there's the small matter of planning to be tackled first.

To those of you - in particular - contributors to the Writers' News Talkback forum, who have been wishing me good luck with the venture, my grateful thanks, as always for the support.

And to Mel G, who thought I was attempting a 60-a-day challenge, as a lifelong anti-smoker, let me assure you, taking up a fag habit is nothing whatsoever to aspire to. Still it gave me laugh anyway.

So here goes. I intend spending the next couple of hours brainstorming ideas for my plot theme and character motivations. And along the way, I'll be getting some input from writers and producers who know precisely what it takes to achieve my goal.

I hope over the next 60 days, you'll be attempting your own challenges. Do please let me know how it's going.

Best, Kaz

No comments:

Post a Comment