Monday 30 November 2009




Well, here we are on the final day of NaNoWriMo - and yes - I've done it! Completed 50,000 words of a new novel in 30 days and barely broken sweat (she fibs). Frankly, I think I could have got a lot further into the novel, had we not been moving home at the tail end of this month. Still, 50, 283 words is a reasonable start and I hope to finish the first full draft by the time Christmas is upon us.


What did I learn from the process? That it's possible for me to write 1800 words a day for an entire month, without being tempted to go back and edit what I wrote. This is such a positive step forward for me, as, being the "tinkerer" I undoubtedly am, it is not something I have been able to achieve previously. I'd really like to be able to go on and complete the remaining 40K-50K words of the story in a similar vein.


So a HUGE and sincere well done to all of you who gave the novel-writing challenge a go this time around - and for those who might like to enter this, or the screenplay contest next year, you can check out the details at: http://www.nanowrimo.org/


Best, Kaz x

No comments:

Post a Comment