Saturday 26 September 2009

On The Hunt For The Lesser-Spotted Agent

I realise I've been neglecting my readership - (that's you guys!) - in pursuit of my '60-day Write And Sell A Screenplay' challenge. One week to go and I'm almost there. What I mean is, I've finished the first draft of my masterpiece. I now realise it was an unrealistic goal to include the "selling" bit as well. Sixty days is plenty of time for working out your premise, cast of characters and motivations . . . and I'm really pleased with the story and much of the writing, only, it's not what I think that counts. I'm going to do some revisions next week and then send the manuscript to the Writers' Workshop to get some feedback.

I was intending sending it to the BBC Writersroom (they spell it like that), but I feel it's important to get some professional input at this stage and see if I'm on the right track. The closest I've come to scriptwriting superstardom, was to get shortlisted in a BBC Radio new talent comp a few years back. Let's see if we can do better this time.

And what about an agent? Is it possible to get an agent without having something optioned? is it possible to get your screenplay optioned without having an agent? Watch this space . . .


Best, Kaz

PS Something entirely unrelated: just headed off to Yahoo! Groups to see if there was one dedicated to Lesbian Crime Authors. There wasn't. (Maybe I should start one?) Closest match came back as: 'I Was A Teenage Jehovah's Witness.' Huh? Am I missing something?

No comments:

Post a Comment